Do you want to join an organization that aspires to be a gamechanger in seniors’ health?
Here is an exciting opportunity to contribute to safeguarding healthy brains in our aging population.
Coordinator, Projects and Community Outreach
Assessment and Diagnostic of Dementia / Hope for Dementia is a federal non-profit charitable organization (Registration # 815949763 RR001) whose mission is to support the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of dementia and other cognitive disorders.
In Canada, more than half a million persons live with dementia and it is predicted that this number will rise to nearly 1 million by 2033. Hope for Dementia believes that the number of new diagnoses can be reduced by promoting dementia prevention awareness and delivering services that enable seniors to adopt lifestyle changes that mitigate and modify the risks of dementia.
At Hope for Dementia, we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic Coordinator, Projects and Community Outreach, to help us fulfill our mission by implementing dementia prevention projects and by building an engaged community of supporters.
As Coordinator, Projects and Community Outreach you will report to Hope for Dementia’s leadership team and actively contribute to the work of the Steering Committees for various projects. Your key responsibilities will be twofold:
PROJET COORDINATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 50%
Working on an assigned portfolio of projects on average 50% of your time, your key project coordination responsibilities will include –
- Ensuring that project team members – partners, suppliers, animators, and stakeholders – have the resources to successfully complete project tasks.
- Ensuring the effective implementation and timely delivery of assigned projects.
- Coordinating and monitoring project activities to ensure adherence to approved timelines and deliverables.
- Solving issues that may arise during projects.
- Acting as the point of contact and communicating project status to Project Manager and Steering Committee.
You will spend about 50% of your time helping to amplify our message and expand our database of supporters, in the following ways –
- Contributing to building strong relationships with partners, suppliers, funders/donors.
- Contributing to the development of communication products – e.g., brochures, newsletters, website and social media posts – that promote Hope for Dementia’s projects, fund raising efforts, and volunteer recruitment plans.
- Being actively involved in volunteer recruitment, donor solicitation and community engagement activities.
- Supporting internal and external teams – e.g., gala, third-party fund-raising events, telefunding, etc., – to deliver activities and events that build Hope for Dementia’s visibility and favourable public image.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A positive attitude, the ability to work both independently and within a team and the confidence to take initiative when faced with challenges are essential to succeed in this role.
- Ideally, we would like you to have –
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in human relations, community development, communications or related field.
- 2 years’ plus experience in an administrative / project coordination role.
- You must be able to check all the following boxes –
- Highly organized with the ability to manage several tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Available to travel and to work weekends and evenings occasionally.
- A full time position.
- Attractive remuneration based on experience.
- Two weeks’ holiday each year plus statutory holidays.
- A flexible work schedule, based on 40 hours/week.
- Start date April 2023. Based in Montréal.
If you have a good understanding of healthcare issues affecting seniors and if you are committed to the successful implementation of community-based services, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Send us your resumé along with a statement of why this position interests you to firstname.lastname@example.org