- Physical inactivity
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Air pollution
- Head injury
- Infrequent social contact
- Less education
- Hearing impairment
Most of the risk factors can be managed by proper nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Hope for Dementia has introduced the Mindful Eating. Healthy Minds. program to encourage healthy eating and social interaction through a series of healthy eating activities for seniors.
Participants will be guided through program activities by a peer volunteer. Activities include –
- A workshop on mindful, healthy eating.
- Educational material, including recipes for delicious, easy-to-prepare meals.
- Healthy meals prepared with new friends.
- Food baskets filled with good food.
Reference material Food is a big part of our everyday experience. It’s how we nourish our bodies and minds. It’s also an important way we connect with others. Eating can be a wonderful way to introduce mindfulness practice into our lives. Mindful eating is an opportunity to fully experience the enjoyment of food in the present moment. As we become more mindful, we become more committed to our well-being. Learn more about Mindful Eating.