Hope for Dementia’s fund raising gala was a resounding success!
Organizing Committee, volunteers, speakers and awardees – Gala 2023
On Saturday November 4th 2023, over 300 guests came together at the elegant Le Crystal reception hall to celebrate and contribute to Hope for Dementia’s efforts to bring dementia prevention to the forefront of healthcare.
Funds raised exceeded $200,000, which will be used to expand Hope for Dementia’s programs, which are now deployed across the province of Québec, with the intention of being extended to other provinces.
A big ‘THANK YOU’ to our speakers and awardees, who shared passionately about their work and experience with dementia.
Dignitaries from the public sector and academia addressed the gathering –
- Saint Laurent MP Emmanuela Lambropoulos
- Alan DeSousa, Mayor, Ville Saint-Laurent
- Dr. Martin Arguin, Full professor, Département de psychologie, Université de Montréal;
- Steeve Asselin, Industrial Technology Advisor, National Research Council of Canada.
Several corporations and individuals were recognized for their contribution to Hope for Dementia in 2023 –
- ‘Builder of the Year Award‘ : RBC – Received by Anne No, Managing Director, RBCx
- ‘Collaborator of the Year Award‘ : The Echelon Foundation – Received by Erin McKee, Vice-President, Wealth Services and Insurance, Echelon Wealth Partners
- ‘Volunteer of the Year Award‘: Ms. Luana Borelli
- ‘Ambassador Award‘: Mr. Mohammed Barkat
The gala provided attendees with networking opportunities throughout the festive evening, which ended with musical entertainment and dancing with the lively VibZ band and DJ Mario.
Hope for Dementia invites guests to explore various ways to continue supporting our mission to safeguard healthy brains in our aging population.
Learn more about the ways you can become involved in bringing dementia risk reduction and prevention to the forefront of healthcare –
- The programs currently offered
- Opportunities to volunteer and get involved
- Donate and encourage your colleagues to donate
The clients, volunteers and leadership of Hope for Dementia look forward to welcoming more guests to next year’s annual gala!