The team at Hope for Dementia is thrilled to receive Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Saint Laurent – Mont-Royal 2023 Award – Social Organization – category at the Alpha gala!
In the past year, we have expanded the reach of our services to promote dementia prevention in our local community and throughout the province of Québec.
• 5,000 meals made from brain-healthy foods delivered to vulnerable seniors and their families since 2022.
• More than 1,200 seniors in 20 residences have broken social isolation by staying in touch with their families and friends using tablets and iPads distributed by Hope for Dementia.
• 100 seniors throughout the province of Québec have regular access to cognitively stimulating activities and educational material on dementia prevention through the Busy Box. Better Brain. program.
• 75 residents in Saint-Laurent are actively participating in group activities in the Mindful Eating. Healthy Mind. program, launched in summer 2023.
• More than 200 hours were dedicated by 20 youth volunteers to provide 40 seniors with training on the use of applications on their tablets and to participate in creative projects. Using their life experience, seniors taught the youth volunteers various skills and provided advice on aspects of daily living.
• Over $10,000 was collected from grocery stores and community members in Ville St. Laurent by Hope for Dementia volunteers and student interns who also distributed pamphlets and educational materials on dementia prevention and risk management.
To learn more about Hope for Dementia’s programs, click here.